Sunday, May 6, 2012

Its All So Yummy!

At 6 months we started with baby food jars and recently started to BLW at 6 1/2 months. My little Emily loves it. I want to share how we BLW, because its just so much fun to watch her play with her food, eat and expirement with. I will also be sharing photos of my older daughter Katarina at around the same age. Today we start the full on BLW, because I recently learned that I was doing it partially incorrect. When feeding her mashed potatoes or anything pureed I was feeding her with a spoon. The correct way is to load the spoon and hand it to her so she can self feed. :)

What is BLW? Baby-led weaning (often also referred to as BLW) is a method of gradually weaning a baby from a milk diet onto solid foods. It allows a baby to control his/her solid food intake by self-feeding from the very beginning of the weaning process. Infants are offered a range of foods to provide a balanced diet from around 6 months. They often begin by picking up and licking the food, before progressing to eating. Babies typically begin self feeding around 6 months, although some will reach for food as early as 5 months and some will wait until 7 or 8.

 

Here was todays Breakfast 5/6/12

(Emily will be 7 months tomorrow)

She had Chorizo and Egg with Beans... Its her Favorite!








I will come back and add her lunch and Dinner, but for meanwhile her are some photos of my older daughter around the same age. Hope you enjoy them..









Todays Lunch 5/6/12

For lunch I threw a Bed Pad on the living room floor and let her go at some Chicken Noodle Soup. I think She enjoyed herself.. Chicken, Noodles, Carrots, Celery

Photos of Lunch...




















 








I think she really liked the feeling of her food in her toes too.. haha!



Dinner: 5/6/12

So for dinner she did not want to sit with her food.. So I decided Just to sit her down with some Cinomon Apple Toast on the floor. She did good. I took video! Enjoy..

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I would have thought they would need more time to learn how to chew. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pretty worried at first then someone reminded me that even though are babies dont have teeth they can still chew. Usually the get there front teeth first which are for biting, not chewing. The side teeth and back teeth usually come in alot later. Never really thought about it but its true. I met alot of online mommies who do BLW and feed there little ones table food so it made it alot more comfortable for me to try it.

    ReplyDelete